Barbecued Beef Brisket
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/4 teaspoon celery seed
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 (2 1/2 pound) fresh beef brisket, trimmed (NOT corned beef)
- 1/2 cup ketchup
- 1/2 cup chili sauce
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 to 1 1/2 teaspoons Liquid Smoke (optional)
- 1/2 teaspoon ground mustard
- Combine the first six ingredients; rub over brisket. Place in a
- In a bowl, combine sauce ingredients. Pour half over the brisket.
Set the remaining sauce aside.
- Cover and cook on HIGH for 4 to 5
hours or until meat is tender.
- Pull beef apart with a fork.
- Serve with the reserved sauce.
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
Photo credit: jeffreyww
>> Slow Cooker Beef Recipes