Beef Brisket with Smoky Barbecue Sauce
This recipe works well for a 2- to 3-pound beef brisket (flank steak). Any piece
of meat that would be used for a roast is good, but a real brisket cut is better.
You can serve on buns or rolls or just plain. The meat falls apart after being in
the slow cooker overnight.
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon celery seed
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 cup ketchup
- 1/2 cup chili sauce
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons vinegar
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 1/2 teaspoons Liquid Smoke
- 1/2 teaspoon dry mustard
- Rub: Rub liberally over the entire surface of the brisket.
- You can add other herbs and spices to the rub such as bay leaves, Italian seasoning,
- Sauce: Mix the sauce together into a brownish liquid. Put the meat into the slow
cooker, cover with the sauce and cook on LOW for 8 to 10 hours or on HIGH for 4
to 5 hours.
- Cool the brisket a bit after cooking.
- Cut the brisket across the grain and serve with the juice remaining in the slow
Content and photographs are copyright protected. Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Slow Cooker Beef Recipes