Beef Brisket with Smoky Barbecue Sauce
This recipe works well for a 2- to 3-pound beef brisket (flank steak). Any piece
of meat that would be used for a roast is good, but a real brisket cut is better.
You can serve on buns or rolls or just plain. The meat falls apart after being in
the slow cooker overnight.
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon celery seed
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 cup ketchup
- 1/2 cup chili sauce
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons vinegar
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 1/2 teaspoons Liquid Smoke
- 1/2 teaspoon dry mustard
- Rub: Rub liberally over the entire surface of the brisket.
- You can add other herbs and spices to the rub such as bay leaves, Italian seasoning,
- Sauce: Mix the sauce together into a brownish liquid. Put the meat into the slow
cooker, cover with the sauce and cook on LOW for 8 to 10 hours or on HIGH for 4
to 5 hours.
- Cool the brisket a bit after cooking.
- Cut the brisket across the grain and serve with the juice remaining in the slow
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Slow Cooker Beef Recipes