- 3 pounds beef round steak, cut into 1 1/2-inch cubes
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon curry powder
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 cup raisins
- 2 apples, peeled, cored and sliced
- 1 cup diced onion
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 (14 ounce) can beef broth
- 2 apples, unpeeled, cored and finely chopped
- Fluffy rice
- Dry beef well with a paper towel.
- Mix flour and curry powder.
- Coat meat cubes with flour mixture.
- Place meat in slow cooker.
- Add garlic, raisins, sliced apples, onion, salt and pepper.
- Pour in broth and stir to blend.
- Cover and cook on LOW for 8 to 10 hours or on HIGH
for 4 to 5 hours until meat is tender.
- Before serving, stir in additional curry powder to taste (up to
1 tablespoon) and chopped apples.
- Serve over hot fluffy rice.
Yield: 6 to 8 servings