Beef Roast with Sour Cream Gravy
- 1 (3 pound) chuck or pot roast
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 tablespoon vinegar
- 1 teaspoon dill weed
- 5 or 6 small potatoes
- 5 or 6 carrots
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 large onion
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 teaspoon dill seed
- Coat roast with 2 tablespoons flour, salt and pepper. Brown in oil
- Put roast in slow cooker. Add water and vinegar.
- Sprinkle 1 teaspoon dill weed over meat, then add potatoes, carrots, onion
- Cook on LOW for 10 to 12 hours or on HIGH for 6 hours.
- To make gravy, pour off 3 tablespoons drippings, add 1 tablespoon
flour and heat.
- Measure rest of drippings, and add water to make
1 cup. Add to flour mixture and heat for 1 minute, stirring constantly.
- Add sour cream and 1 teaspoon dill weed. Heat to boiling.
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Slow Cooker Beef Recipes