Braised Slow Cooker Chuck Roast
with Roasted Pepper Sauce
Braised Slow Cooker Chuck Roast with Roasted Pepper Sauce is soul-warming and hearty. Make a boldly flavored fall-apart beef meal with this easy recipe.
- 3 pounds Certified Angus Beef® chuck roast
- 3 red bell peppers
- 4 large garlic cloves, cut in half
- 3 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 large Spanish onion, sliced
- 2 tablespoons diced,chipotle peppers in adobo sauce
- 1 tablespoon smoked Spanish paprika
- 1 cup beef stock
- 1 (15 ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro (for garnish)
- Sour cream for garnish
- Heat broiler or oven to 450 degrees F.
- Quarter and core red peppers; toss with garlic and one tablespoon olive oil in a large bowl to coat. Evenly space peppers on a large sheet tray and place under broiler to blister and blacken pepper skins, about 10 minutes.
- Remove from oven; when cool, discard skin (it easily comes off), chop peppers and transfer to slow cooker.
- Season chuck roast with salt and pepper.
- Heat remaining 2 tablespoons olive oil in large heavy-bottom pan. Brown roast over medium-high heat on all sides; transfer to slow cooker.
- Add onions, chipotle peppers and paprika to pan. Stir to remove browned bits from bottom of pan.
- Add stock and diced tomatoes; pour over roast.
- Cover and cook on LOW for 6 hours or until roast is fork tender.
- Remove roast from cooker and place on cutting board. Pull apart with forks to bite-sized pieces. Skim excess fat from braising liquid. Stir beef back into sauce.
- Serve, garnished with cilantro and a dollop of sour cream.
Yield: 6 to 8 servings | Prep: 15 min | cook: 2 hr 15 min
Recipe created by Chef Fritz Gitschner, C.M.C., for Certified Angus Beef
Recipe and photo used with permission from:
Certified Angus Beef
This page may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our Disclosure Policy.