Brisket of Beef in Tomato Onion Gravy
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 (4- to 5-pound) beef brisket, trimmed
- 1 (1 1/2 ounce) package dry onion soup mix
- 1/2 teaspoon cracked black peppercorns
- 1 (10 ounce) can condensed tomato soup
- 1/4 cup beef stock or water
- 2 tablespoons packed brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons balsamic or red wine vinegar
- Additional all-purpose flour (optional) *
- Rub flour into brisket on both sides and place in slow cooker.
- In a bowl, combine onion soup mix, peppercorns, tomato soup and
beef stock. Pour mixture over brisket.
- Cover and cook on LOW for
12 hours or on HIGH for 6 hours, until beef is very tender.
- Transfer brisket to deep platter and slice thinly.
- Stir brown sugar and vinegar
into sauce. Pour over sliced meat or pass separately in a sauceboat.
Yield: 8 to 10 servings
*If you prefer a thicker gravy, keep cooked brisket warm and
pour sauce into a saucepan. Place 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
in a small bowl. Add 1/4 cup hot cooking liquid, 2 tablespoons at
a time, stirring to thoroughly blend after each addition. Stir mixture
into remaining sauce and cook, stirring, over medium heat until
thickened. Pour over brisket and serve.
Source: Delicious & Dependable Slow Cooker Recipes
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Slow Cooker Beef Recipes