Cajun Smothered Steak
- 3 1/2 pounds cube steak
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 bell pepper, thinly sliced
- 3 onions, thinly sliced
- 2 cups beef broth
- 2 cans cream of mushroom soup
- 1 envelope Lipton onion soup mix
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon Cajun seasoning
- 1 teaspoon paprika
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases at no additional cost to you. Thank you for supporting Recipe Goldmine.
- Salt and pepper the cube steak.
- Dip both sides of steak in the flour and shake excess off.
- Heat the vegetable oil in a skillet.
- Brown both sides of each piece of steak. You do not have to cook the
meat until it is done. Just brown the outside.
- Spray the slow cooker with cooking spray.
- Layer the sliced onions and bell pepper.
- Layer the steak on top of the onions and bell pepper.
- Mix the beef broth, mushroom soup, onion soup mix, Worcestershire sauce,
garlic powder, Cajun seasoning and paprika.
- Cook on LOW for 6 to 8 hours.
- Serve over rice or mashed potatoes.
Yield: varies, depending upon size of steak pieces
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Slow Cooker Beef Recipes