Chris's German Beef Short Ribs
- 3 to 3 1/2 pounds beef short ribs, bone-in
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Pepper to taste
- 2 tablespoons shortening (I use olive oil)
- 2 onions, sliced
- 1/2 to 3/4 cup red wine
- 1/2 cup bottled chili sauce
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 4 tablespoons flour, divided
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases at no additional cost to you. Thank you for supporting Recipe Goldmine.
- Coat short ribs in mixture of 2 tablespoons flour, salt and pepper.
- Heat oil in large skillet and brown ribs on all sides. Pour off excess fat.
- In slow cooker, combine ribs, onions, wine, chili sauce, brown sugar, vinegar,
Worcestershire sauce, mustard and chili powder.
- Cover and cook on HIGH for 2 to 3 hours, then turn to LOW for 6 hours, or till
- Turn control to HIGH and thicken with other 2 tablespoons flour that has been
dissolved in a little water.
- Cook on HIGH about 10 minutes or until slightly thickened.
- Serve over wide noodles.
Shared with recipegoldmine.com at The Cutting Board forum by Chris 12 October
2005 03:43 am.
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Slow Cooker Beef Recipes