Classic Beef and Noodles
- 2 pounds beef stew meat cubes
- 1/4 pound mushrooms, sliced in half
- 2 tablespoons chopped onion
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano leaves
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon dried marjoram leaves
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 1/2 cups beef broth
- 1/3 cup dry sherry
- 1 (8 ounce) container sour cream
- 1/2 cup flour
- 1/2 cup water
- 4 cups hot cooked noodles
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases at no additional cost to you. Thank you for supporting Recipe Goldmine.
- Combine beef, mushrooms, onion, garlic, salt, oregano, pepper, marjoram and bay
leaf in slow cooker. Pour in beef broth and sherry.
- Cover and cook on LOW for 8 to 10 hours or on HIGH for 4 to 5 hours.
- Remove and discard bay leaf.
- If cooking on LOW, turn to HIGH. Stir together sour cream, flour and water in
- Stir about 1 cup liquid from slow cooker into sour cream mixture.
- Stir mixture back into slow cooker.
- Cover and cook on HIGH for 30 minutes or until thickened and bubbly.
- Serve over noodles.
Yield: 8 servings
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Slow Cooker Beef Recipes