- 1 (5 to 7 pound) beef brisket
- 1 head garlic, divided into cloves
- 6 tablespoons Tony Chachere's seasoning
- 2 teaspoons red pepper
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 (10 1/2 ounce) cans cream of mushroom soup
- 1/2 cup water
- Cornstarch, for thickening
- 2 tablespoons Kitchen Bouquet (more if needed)
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases at no additional cost to you. Thank you for supporting Recipe Goldmine.
- Trim brisket of fat and cut each garlic clove in half. Stud
meat with garlic pieces. Generously sprinkle Tony Chachere's
and red pepper over meat. Add onion, soups and water. (You can
use the reduced-fat mushroom soups if desired). Cook on LOW
for 8 to 10 hours.
- Remove brisket and allow liquid in slow cooker to cool. As fat
rises to the top, skim and add cornstarch for thickening and
Kitchen Bouquet for color to make gravy.
- Slice brisket and serve.
Yield: 8 servings
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Slow Cooker Beef Recipes