Everyday Barbacoa Beef
This Everyday Beef Barbacoa is versatile and can be served on tortillas, chips or lettuce.
- 3-5 pounds beef cheek or chuck roast, cut into 4 inch pieces
- 1 cup orange juice
- 1/2 cup lime juice
- 1 cup water
- 1/2 can chipotle in adobo, diced
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 5 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 onion, diced
- Lime wedges
- Combine all ingredients into a large bowl. Cover and marinate for 2 to 24 hours.
- Add marinated beef and leftover marinade to cooker. Cover and cook on LOW for 7 to 8 hours or until fork tender.
- Carefully remove beef from cooker with little sauce as possible. Placing on a cutting board, shred beef with two forks and return to cooker. Cook for additional 10 minutes to absorb remaining liquid.
- If desired, crisp meat in a cast-iron skillet before serving.
Recipe and photo used with permission from:
Texas Beef Council
Inspired by 2M Smokehouse.