French Dip Roast
Yield: 12 servings
- 1 large onion, quartered and sliced
- 1 (3 pound) beef roast, fat trimmed
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 (1 ounce) packet au jus mix
- 1/8 teaspoon seasoned pepper
- Place onion in slow cooker. Place meat on top of onion.
- In a small bowl, stir water, au jus mix and seasoned pepper until blended. Pour over roast. Cover and cook on HIGH for 5 to 6 hours or on LOW for 10 to 12 hours, or until tender.
- Remove meat from liquid. Let stand for five minutes before thinly slicing across grain.
- Strain liquid and make gravy.