As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
- 2 ribs celery, halved lengthwise
- 2 onions, quartered
- 1 first-cut or flat-cut (leaner section) beef brisket, about 4 pounds, trimmed
- 2 lemons, cut into thin slices
- 1 cup raisins or to taste
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Freshly ground pepper
- 2 low-sodium beef bouillon cubes, dissolved in 2 cups water
- Line the bottom of a large slow-cooker with celery and onions and
top with brisket.
- Place lemon slices and raisins on the brisket;
season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Add dissolved bouillon.
- Cook on LOW until meat is fork-tender, about 10 to 12 hours.
- Remove meat to a cutting board and let stand 15 minutes.
- Skim fat from cooking broth. Adjust seasonings if needed.
- Remove lemon slices and cut in half.
- Pour broth into a serving bowl and add lemons.
- Slice meat across the grain into thin slices. Halve
or quarter the brisket slices and serve with the broth and lemons.
Yield: 10 servings
Calories 301; Calories from fat 25%; Total fat 8g; Saturated
fat 3g; Cholesterol 77mg; Carbohydrate 17g; Sodium 322mg; Fiber 2g; Protein 39g
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Slow Cooker Beef Recipes