Mary Nell's Goetta
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
- 1 pound ground round
- 1 pound Bob Evans Zesty Pork Sausage
- 6 cups water
- 4 bay leaves
- Pinch of pepper
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2 1/2 cups pinhead oats
- Put water, salt and pepper in a slow cooker.
- Cover and cook on HIGH for 20 minutes.
- Add pinhead oats and cook on HIGH for 1 1/2 hours.
- Mix meat well and add to slow cooker with onion and bay leaves.
- Cook on LOW for 3 hours.
- Uncover and, if not thick enough, cook longer, stirring often.
- Pour into greased bread pans and cool.
- Refrigerate, and fry until browned.
Source: Rita Heikenfeld of the Community Press Newspaper
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Slow Cooker Beef Recipes