- 1 1/2 to 2 pounds beef round steak
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 1 cup onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 4 tomatoes, cut into eighths, or 1 (16 ounce) can tomatoes with liquid, cut up
- 2 large green bell peppers, cut into strips
- 1/2 cup cold water
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- Cooked noodles or rice
- Cut beef into 3 x 1-inch strips. Brown in oil in a skillet.
Transfer to a slow cooker.
- Combine the next seven ingredients; pour over beef.
- Cover and cook on LOW for 5 to 6 hours or until meat is tender.
- Add tomatoes and green peppers; cook on LOW for 1 hour longer.
- Combine the cold water and cornstarch to make a paste; stir
into liquid in slow cooker and cook on HIGH until thickened.
- Serve over noodles or rice.
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Slow Cooker Beef Recipes