Pepper Steak 3
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
- 1 1/2 to 2 pounds beef round steak, about 1/2-inch thick
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 small clove garlic, minced
- 2 large green or red bell peppers, seeded and cut into 1/2-inch strips
- 1 (16 ounce) can whole tomatoes
- 1 tablespoon beef flavor base (paste or granules)
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- Fluffy rice
- Cut steak into strips.
- Combine flour, salt and pepper; toss with steak strips to coat thoroughly.
- Add to slow cooker with onion, garlic and half of green pepper strips; stir.
- Combine tomatoes with beef base, soy sauce and Worcestershire sauce.
- Pour into slow cooker, moistening meat well.
- Cover and cook on LOW for 8 to 10 hours.
- One hour before serving, turn to HIGH and stir in remaining green
- If thickened gravy is desired, make a smooth paste
of 3 tablespoons flour and 3 tablespoons water; stir into slow cooker.
- Cover and cook until thickened.
- Serve gravy with Pepper Steak over hot fluffy rice.
Yield: 4 servings
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Slow Cooker Beef Recipes