Pot Roast with Dilled Sour Cream Gravy
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
- 1 (3 pound) chuck or pot roast
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 tablespoon vinegar
- 1 teaspoon dill weed
- 5 or 6 small potatoes
- 5 or 6 carrots
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 large onion
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 teaspoon dill seed
- Coat roast with flour, salt and pepper.
- Brown in oil in skillet.
- Put roast in slow cooker, then add water and vinegar.
- Sprinkle dill weed over meat, then add potatoes, carrots, onion and 1/2 teaspoon
- Cook on LOW for 10 to 12 hours or on HIGH for 6 hours.
- To make gravy, pour off 3 tablespoons drippings, add flour and heat.
- Measure rest of drippings, add water to make 1 cup.
- Add to flour mixture and heat for 1 minute, stirring constantly.
- Add 1 cup sour cream and dill seed.
- Heat to boiling.
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Slow Cooker Beef Recipes