Red Hot Beef Ribs
- 6 meaty, beef, country style ribs
- 1/2 to 3/4 onion, sliced
- 2 tablespoons
diced jalapeno peppers
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon minced ginger
- 4 whole cloves
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon cardamom (optional)
- 1/4 teaspoon turmeric (optional)
- Salt to taste
- 1/3 cup red wine vinegar
- Combine all ingredients in a slow cooker. Add enough water to cover.
- Cook on LOW for 6 hours or until tender.
- Skim off excess fat as it rises to top. Remove ribs and set aside.
- Remove cloves and most of onions from juice. Add more jalapenos to taste.
- Cook until hot.
- Mash up any solid ingredients with potato masher, thicken slightly with cornstarch/water
mixture, then pour gravy over ribs.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for about 1/2 hour to crisp.
Yield: 3 servings
Per serving: 560 calories, 9g carbohydrates, 64g protein, 29g fat, 178mg