Cumin Beef and Veggies
Coming home to the aroma of slow-cooked beef stew in tomato-cumin broth will
be a welcome treat. Just add mixed vegetables and cook some egg noodles and dinner
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 pound extra lean boneless chuck roast
- 1 red bell pepper, coarsely chopped
- 1 large onion, coarsely chopped
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 (14.5 ounce) can Del Monte® Original Recipe Stewed Tomatoes, not drained
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1 (14.5 ounce) can Del Monte® Mixed Vegetables, drained
- Salt and black pepper, optional
- Hot cooked egg noodles
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases at no additional cost to you. Thank you for supporting Recipe Goldmine.
- Heat oil in a medium skillet over medium-high heat. Brown beef for 2 minutes
on each side.
- Meanwhile, coat a 4-quart slow cooker with non-stick cooking spray.
- Place bell pepper and onion on the bottom of slow cooker.
- Top with beef and sprinkle evenly with cumin.
- Add stewed tomatoes and tomato paste to skillet and stir until tomato paste is
blended. Bring to a boil over medium-high heat.
- Pour tomato mixture over beef.
- Cover and cook for 4 hours on HIGH or 8 hours on LOW or until beef is tender.
- Pull beef apart into smaller pieces, using 2 forks, in slow cooker.
- Gently stir in mixed vegetables. Season to taste with salt and pepper if desired.
- Sprinkle with parsley and serve over noodles, if desired.
Serves 6 | Prep Time: 10 min | Cook Time: 8 hr
Recipe and photo credit (used with permission): Del Monte
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Slow Cooker Beef Recipes