Old-World Corned Beef and Vegetables
It’s that meat-and-potatoes meal everyone dreams of coming home to. And now you
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
- 2 1/2 pounds medium new potatoes, (about 8), cut in half
- 2 cups baby-cut carrots
- 1 cup frozen small whole onions, thawed
- 1 corned beef brisket (3 to 3 1/2 pounds)
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons cold water
- Mix potatoes, carrots and onions in 4- to 6-quart slow cooker.
- Thoroughly rinse corned beef; discard seasoning packet.
- Place beef on vegetables; sprinkle with pepper.
- Mix 1/2 cup water and the Worcestershire sauce; pour over beef.
- Cover and cook on low heat setting 8 to 9 hours or until beef and vegetables
- Remove beef and vegetables from slow cooker; cover to keep warm.
- Pour juices from slow cooker into 1-quart saucepan; heat to boiling.
- Mix cornstarch and cold water until smooth; stir into juices. Cook, stirring
constantly, until sauce has thickened.
- Serve sauce with beef and vegetables.
This recipe was tested in slow cookers with heating elements in the side and
bottom of the cooker, not in cookers that stand only on a heated base. For slow
cookers with just a heated base, follow the manufacturer’s for layering and choosing
Variation: Let there be veggies! Cut a small head of cabbage into
6 wedges, and place on top of the corned beef in the slow cooker for a more filling
Nutrition Information: 1 Serving (1 Serving) Calories 340 (Calories from
Fat 160 ), Total Fat 18 g (Saturated Fat 6 g, Cholesterol 95 mg; Sodium 1120 mg;
Total Carbohydrate 28 g (Dietary Fiber 3 g, Protein 20 g
Exchanges: 1 Starch; 2 Vegetable; 1 1/2 Fat
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.
Recipe and photo credit (used with permission): BettyCrocker/© 2011 ®/TM General Mills
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Slow Cooker Beef Recipes