- 1 (3- to 4-pound) brisket, trimmed of fat
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon cracked black pepper
- 1 green bell pepper, seeded and sliced into rings
- 1 onion, sliced into rings
- 1 (16-ounce) bottle Jack Daniels barbecue sauce, divided
- Place brisket into slow cooker and season with garlic powder and black
- Top with green bell pepper rings and onion rings.
- Pour half
the barbecue sauce over brisket.
- Cook on LOW for 8 to 10 hours.
- Remove brisket from slow cooker and slice or shred.
- Pour remaining
half of barbecue sauce over all and let sit for 10 to 15 minutes
Yield: 8 servings