Sour Creamed Pot Roast
- 2 slices bacon
- 1 (3 pound) chuck roast
- 3/4 cup chopped onion
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 bay leaf
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper, freshly ground
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley, snipped
- 1/2 teaspoon Kitchen Bouquet
- Hot cooked noodles
- In a skillet, cook bacon until crisp; drain, reserving drippings.
- Crumble bacon; wrap and refrigerate.
- Trim fat from roast; cut roast in half to fit into slow cooker.
- In skillet, brown meat in bacon drippings; drain. Place in crock
- Stir together onion, water, salt, bay leaf, cumin and pepper; pour
- Cover; cook on LOW heat setting for 8 to 10 hours.
- Remove roast; discard bay leaf.
- Skim fat from liquid; pour liquid
into a saucepan.
- Return roast to slow cooker; cover.
- Blend sour cream and flour; stir into hot liquid. Cook and stir
until thickened; DO NOT BOIL.
- Stir in parsley and Kitchen Bouquet. Season to taste.
- Serve meat garnished with bacon.
- Serve gravy over noodles.
Yield: 6 servings
Per Serving: 549 Calories; 41g Fat (67.8% calories from fat);
38g Protein;6g Carbohydrate; 1g Dietary Fiber; 141mg Cholesterol;
Exchanges: 0 Grain (Starch); 5 1/2 Lean Meat; 1/2 Vegetable;
0 Non-Fat Milk; 5 Fat