Southwestern Flank Steak
- 1 1/2 pounds flank steak, cut in half
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 large onion, sliced
- 1/3 cup water
- 4 ounces chopped green chiles
- 2 tablespoons vinegar
- 1 1/4 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon granulated sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- In a skillet, brown steak in oil; transfer to a slow cooker.
- In the same skillet, sauté onion for 1 minute.
- Gradually add water,
stirring to loosen browned bits from pan.
- Add remaining ingredients;
bring to a boil.
- Pour over the flank steak.
- Cover and cook on LOW
for 7 to 8 hours or until the meat is tender.
- Slice the meat; serve with onion and pan juices.