Banana Nut Loaf
- 1/3 cup shortening
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 3/4 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup ripe bananas, mashed
- 1/2 cup walnuts
- Cream together shortening and sugar, add eggs and beat well.
- Sift dry ingredients. Add to creamed mixture alternately with
banana, blending well after each addition. Stir in nuts.
- Pour into well-greased 4- to 6-cup mold. Cover with foil and tie.
Pour 2 cups hot water into slow cooker. Place mold on rack or
trivet in pot.
- Cover and cook on HIGH for 2 to 3 hours or until
bread is done.
- Serve warm or cool with butter, cream cheese or peanut butter.