- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 (6 ounce) jar maraschino cherries
- 3/4 cup pecans, coarsely chopped
- Drain cherries, reserving 1/3 cup syrup, and cut cherries in pieces (about 1/2 cup).
- Mix flour, baking powder and salt. Beat eggs and sugar together until thick and piled softly.
- Alternately add dry ingredients and the 1/3 cup cherry syrup to egg mixture, mixing until well
blended after each addition.
- Mix in cherries and pecans.
- Turn into well greased and floured cooker bake pan or 2-pound coffee can.
- Cover bake pan with lid or if using coffee can, cover with 6 layers paper towels.
- Set in slow cooker.
- Cover and cook on HIGH for 2 to 3 hours.
- Remove bake pan and cool 10 minutes before removing from pan.
This page may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our Disclosure Policy.