Orange Date-Pecan Bread
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon orange peel
- 1 cup orange juice
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 cup pitted dates, chopped
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- Mix flour with baking powder, baking soda and salt; set aside.
- Combine orange peel with orange juice; set aside.
- Cream butter with sugar.
- Add egg and beat until light and fluffy.
- Alternately add dry ingredients in thirds and orange juice in halves to egg mixture, beating
until well blended after each addition.
- Mix in dates and pecans.
- Turn into a well-greased and floured cooker bake pan or 2-pound coffee can.
- Cover bake pan with lid; or, if using coffee can, cover with 6 layers of paper oweling.
- Set in a slow cooker.
- Cover and cook on HIGH for 2 - 3 hours.
- Remove bake pan and let cool 10 minutes before removing bread.
This page may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our Disclosure Policy.