Orange Date-Pecan Bread
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon orange peel
- 1 cup orange juice
- 1/4 cup butter or margarine
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 cup pitted dates, chopped
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- Mix flour with baking powder, baking soda and salt; set aside.
- Combine orange peel with orange juice; set aside.
- Cream butter with sugar.
- Add egg and beat until light and fluffy.
- Alternately add dry ingredients in thirds and orange juice in halves to egg mixture, beating
until well blended after each addition.
- Mix in dates and pecans.
- Turn into a well-greased and floured cooker bake pan or 2-pound coffee can.
- Cover bake pan with lid; or, if using coffee can, cover with 6 layers of paper toweling.
- Set in a slow cooker.
- Cover and cook on HIGH for 2 - 3 hours.
- Remove bake pan and let cool 10 minutes before removing bread.