Slow-Cooker Bourbon Banana Bread
This banana bread is full of surprises. First, it’s spiked with the flavors of
bourbon, pecans and chocolate chips (topped with a bourbon glaze and more pecans
for good measure). And because it’s baked in your slow cooker, there’s no need to
heat up the oven.
- 2 2/3 cups Original Bisquick™ mix
- 1 1/2 cups mashed very ripe bananas
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/3 cup butter, melted
- 2 tablespoons bourbon
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 eggs
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 3/4 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 3/4 cup chopped toasted pecans
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1 tablespoon bourbon
- 1 teaspoon hot water
- Grease bottom only of 3 1/2- to 4-quart round slow cooker with shortening or
- Sprinkle lightly with 2 teaspoons of the Bisquick mix.
- In large bowl, stir bananas, granulated sugar, 1/3 cup melted butter, 2 tablespoons
bourbon, the vanilla extract and eggs until well blended.
- Stir in remaining Bisquick mix, the cinnamon, chocolate chips and 1/2 cup of
the pecans until well blended. Pour into slow cooker.
- Cover; cook on High heat setting for 1 hour 30 minutes to 2 hours or until a
wooden pick inserted in center of loaf comes out clean.
- Turn off slow cooker; uncover, and remove ceramic base from cooker to cooling
rack. Let cool for 15 minutes.
- Loosen edge of bread with thin metal spatula. Remove bread from slow cooker to
cooling rack. Cool for 1 hour.
- In small bowl, mix glaze ingredients until smooth and consistency of thick syrup.
Drizzle over top of bread.
- Sprinkle evenly with remaining 1/4 cup pecans.
Prep Time 20 min | Total Time 3 hr 40 min | Servings 16
Slow cookers vary. Keep an eye on your bread while it's baking so it does not
get overdone. Use a slow cooker with a white ceramic base for best results.
Free up the oven with this great slow cooker banana bread.
To toast pecans, sprinkle in ungreased heavy skillet. Cook over medium-low heat
5 to 7 minutes, stirring frequently until browning begins, then stirring constantly
until golden brown.
Nutrition Information–1 Serving: Calories 310 Calories from Fat 130 Total
Fat 15g Saturated Fat 6g Trans Fat 1g Cholesterol 50mg Sodium 260mg Total Carbohydrate
41g Dietary Fiber 2g Sugars 24g Protein 3g
% Daily Value*: Vitamin A 4% Vitamin C 0% Calcium 4% Iron 6%
Exchanges:0 Starch; 0 Fruit; 0 Other Carbohydrate; 0 Skim Milk; 0 Low-Fat
Milk; 0 Milk; 0 Vegetable; 0 Very Lean Meat; 0 Lean Meat; 0 High-Fat Meat; 0 Fat
Carbohydrate Choice 3
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.
Recipe and photo credit (used with permission):