Nothing says the beginning of fall like homemade Apple Butter.
- 5 1/2 pounds apples, peeled and finely chopped
- 4 cups granulated sugar
- 2 to 3 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher or sea salt
- Place apples into a slow cooker.
- Combine sugar, cinnamon, cloves and salt; pour over apples and mix well.
Cover and cook on HIGH for 1 hour.
- Reduce heat to LOW; cover and cook for 9-11 hours or until thickened and
dark brown, stirring occasionally (stir more frequently as it thickens to
- Uncover and cook on LOW 1 hour longer.
- If desired, stir with a wire whisk until smooth.
- Spoon into freezer containers, leaving 1/2-inch headspace.
- Cover and refrigerate or freeze.
Yield: 4 pints; 16 servings per pint
Content and photographs are copyright protected. Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Slow Cooker Breakfast Recipes