Southwestern Breakfast Casserole
- 18 eggs
- 1 small can green Ortega chiles
- 1 pound cooked breakfast sausage
- 2 1/2 cups grated Monterey jack or pepper jack cheese
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 1 green bell pepper, diced
- 1 teaspoon butter
- Grease slow cooker with butter.
- Starting with sausage, layer meat, chiles, onions,
peppers and cheese, repeating the layering process until all ingredients are used
and ending with a layer of cheese.
- Beat eggs, then pour over mixture in the slow cooker.
- Cover and cook on LOW for 7 to 8 hours.
- Serve with sour cream and/or fresh salsa.
Yield: 10 servings
>> Slow Cooker Breakfast Recipes