Apple Nut Cheesecake
- 1 cup graham cracker crumbs
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1/4 cup finely chopped pecans
- 16 ounces cream cheese
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 3 tablespoons heavy whipping cream
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 large apple, thinly sliced (about 1 1/2 cups)
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped pecans
- Combine crust ingredients; press into a 7-inch springform pan.
- Beat sugars into cream cheese until smooth and creamy.
- Beat in eggs, whipping cream, cornstarch and vanilla extract. Beat
for about 3 minutes on medium speed. Pour mixture into the prepared crust.
- Combine apple slices with sugar, cinnamon and nuts; place topping
evenly over the top of cheesecake.
- Put the cheesecake on a ring
of aluminum foil to keep it off the bottom of the slow cooker.
- Cover and cook on HIGH for 2 1/2 to 3 hours.
- Turn off slow cooker and let stand in the covered pot for 2 hours
or until cool enough to remove from slow cooker.
- Cool thoroughly and then remove springform sides. Chill.
Makes 6 servings
Nutritional information per serving: Calories 238; calories
from fat 25%; protein 8 g; carb 38 g, cholesterol 78 mg; sodium 154 mg; fiber 2 g
Dietary Exchanges: 1 fruit; 1 starch; 1 fat