Creamy Orange Cheesecake
- 3/4 cup cookie or graham cracker crumbs
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 3 tablespoons melted butter
- 16 ounces cream cheese (regular or lite)
- 2/3 cup granulated sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 egg yolk
- 1/4 cup frozen orange juice concentrate, thawed
- 1 teaspoon orange or lemon zest or dried grated rind
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Combine crumbs with sugar; mix in melted butter until well moistened.
- Pat into a 7-inch springform pan.
- In a medium bowl, cream together the cream cheese and sugar.
- Add eggs and yolk and beat for about 3 minutes on medium with a hand-held electric mixer.
- Beat in orange juice, zest, flour and vanilla extract.
- Eat for another 2 minutes.
- Pour batter into prepared crust; place on a rack or aluminum foil ring in a slow cooker (so it doesn't rest on the bottom of the pot).
- Cover and cook on HIGH for 2 1/2 to 3 hours.
- Turn off and leave for 1 to 2 hours, until cool enough to remove.
- Cool completely and remove the sides of the pan.
- Chill before serving, and store leftovers in the refrigerator.
This post may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our disclosure policy.