Banana Cream Upside-Down Cake
- 3 egg whites
- 2 medium bananas, smashed to equal 1 cup
- 1/2 plus 2 cups water
- 1 (18.25 ounce) box yellow cake mix (do not make as directed on box)
- 1 (3 1/2 ounce) box banana cream, cook-and-serve pudding mix, dry
(do not make as directed on box)
- Heat a slow cooker on HIGH. Spray the cooker with nonfat cooking spray.
- In a large bowl beat the egg whites with a mixer on high speed until soft peaks form, about 1-2 minutes.
- In a separate bowl, put the bananas. With the mixer beat on high until the bananas are pureed. Put 1 cup of the pureed bananas in with the egg whites. (Discard any extra banana mixture.) Add the 1/2 cup water and the DRY CAKE MIX to the eggs and bananas. With the mixer beat together for about 1-2 minutes, scraping the sides of the bowl now and then. The batter will be thick.
- In the prepared slow cooker stir together the DRY PUDDING MIX and the remaining 2 cups of water. Stir until completely dissolved. Pour the prepared cake batter and the pudding mixture into the slow cooker. DO NOT STIR! Place a paper towel on top of the slow cooker. Place the lid of the cooker on top of the paper towel to cover. Cook on HIGH for 2 hours.
- Place a large serving plate with an edge on it (so the sauce won't overflow off the plate) upside down on top of the slow cooker. Holding the slow cooker and plate firmly together, with both hands, carefully flip the cake upside down. It will be steamy hot so be VERY CAREFUL! The sauce will ooze down the sides of the cake.
Yield: 12 servings
Calories: 227; Fat: 4 gm; Cholesterol: 0 mg; Carbohydrate:
46 gm; Dietary Fiber: 0g; Protein; 3 gm; Sodium; 359 mg.
Source: Busy People's Slow Cooker Cookbook by Dawn
This post may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our disclosure policy.