Hot Fudge Spoon Cake
- Butter flavor nonstick cooking spray
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup sweet ground chocolate, such as Ghirardelli
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/4 cup (1/2 stick) unsalted butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup sweet cocoa powder, such as Ghirardelli
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup firmly packed light brown sugar
- 1 1/2 cups boiling water
- Coat medium round slow-cooker with butter-flavor nonstick cooking
- In medium bowl, whisk flour, ground chocolate, sugar, baking powder
and salt. Make well in center; add milk, melted butter and vanilla
extract to well. Stir liquid ingredients until well blended. Continue
stirring in widening circles, gradually incorporating dry ingredients,
until the batter is smooth and thick. Spread evenly in prepared
- To make topping, combine all ingredients in another medium-size
bowl and whisk until smooth. Gently pour over batter in cooker;
do NOT stir.
- Cover and cook on high setting until puffed and top
layer is set, 2 to 2 1/4 hours.
- Turn off slow cooker and let stand, covered, for at least 30 minutes
before refrigerating or serving right out of the slow cooker.
- To serve, scoop cake into individual bowls. Add a scoop of vanilla
ice cream alongside cake. Spoon some of the fudgy pudding at the
bottom of slow cooker over cake and ice cream.
Nutritional information (per serving without ice cream): 776
calories (78 percent from fat); 67.1 g fat; 3 g protein; 38.2 g
carbs; 0.4 g fiber; 1,004 mg sodium