Hot Fudge Spoon Cake
- Butter flavor nonstick cooking spray
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup sweet ground chocolate, such as Ghirardelli
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/4 cup (1/2 stick) unsalted butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup sweet cocoa powder, such as Ghirardelli
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup firmly packed light brown sugar
- 1 1/2 cups boiling water
- Coat medium round slow-cooker with butter-flavor nonstick cooking spay.
- In medium bowl, whisk flour, ground chocolate, sugar, baking powder
and salt. Make well in center; add milk, melted butter and vanilla extract to well. Stir liquid ingredients until well blended. Continue
stirring in widening circles, gradually incorporating dry ingredients, until the batter is smooth and thick. Spread evenly in prepared
- To make topping, combine all ingredients in another medium-size bowl and whisk until smooth. Gently pour over batter in cooker; do NOT stir.
- Cover and cook on high setting until puffed and top layer is set, 2 to 2 1/4 hours.
- Turn off slow cooker and let stand, covered, for at least 30 minutes before refrigerating or serving right out of the slow cooker.
- To serve, scoop cake into individual bowls. Add a scoop of vanilla ice cream alongside cake. Spoon some of the fudgy pudding at the bottom of slow cooker over cake and ice cream.
Nutritional information (per serving without ice cream): 776
calories (78 percent from fat); 67.1 g fat; 3 g protein; 38.2 g
carbs; 0.4 g fiber; 1,004 mg sodium
This post may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our disclosure policy.