Hot Fudge Sundae Cake
It’s magic! A rich hot fudge sauce forms while the cake bakes. Yum!
- 1 cup Gold Medal® all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 2 tablespoons baking cocoa
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup milk
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup chopped nuts
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup baking cocoa
- 1 1/2 cups hot water
- Spray inside of 2- to 3 1/2-quart slow cooker with cooking spray.
- Mix flour, granulated sugar, 2 tablespoons cocoa, the baking powder and salt
in medium bowl. Stir in milk, oil and vanilla until smooth. Stir in nuts. Spread
batter evenly in slow cooker.
- Mix brown sugar and 1/4 cup cocoa in small bowl. Stir in hot water until smooth.
Pour evenly over batter in slow cooker.
- Cover and cook on high heat setting 2 hours to 2 hours 30 minutes or until toothpick
inserted in center comes out clean.
- Turn off slow cooker. Let cake stand uncovered 30 to 40 minutes to cool slightly
- Spoon warm cake into dessert dishes. Spoon sauce over top.
Prep Time 15 min
Total Time 3 hr 25 min
Note: This recipe was tested in slow cookers with heating elements in the side
and bottom of the cooker, not in cookers that stand only on a heated base. For slow
cookers with just a heated base, follow the manufacturer’s directions for layering
ingredients and choosing a temperature.
Cooling the dessert in the slow cooker gives the
sauce time to thicken so it’s rich and fudgy. Top off this chocolate lover’s treat
with what else but a scoop of ice cream and a long-stemmed cherry!
Serving Size: 1 Serving Calories380 ( Calories from
Fat110 ), Total Fat12 g (Saturated Fat2 g, ), Cholesterol0mg Sodium380 mg Total
Carbohydrate66 g (Dietary Fiber3 g ), Protein5 g
% Daily Value*: Vitamin A0%; Vitamin C0%; Calcium16%; Iron14%
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.
Recipe and photo credit (used with permission):
Recipe Goldmine is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com. This is without any additional cost to you.