Hot Fudge Sundae Cake
It’s magic! A rich hot fudge sauce forms while the cake bakes. Yum!
This recipe was tested in slow cookers with heating elements in the side
and bottom of the cooker, not in cookers that stand only on a heated base. For slow
cookers with just a heated base, follow the manufacturer’s directions for layering
ingredients and choosing a temperature.
Cooling the dessert in the slow cooker gives the sauce time to thicken so it’s rich
and fudgy. Top off this chocolate lover’s treat with what else but a scoop of ice cream
and a long-stemmed cherry!
- 1 cup Gold Medal® all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 2 tablespoons baking cocoa
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup milk
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup chopped nuts
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup baking cocoa
- 1 1/2 cups hot water
- Spray inside of 2- to 3 1/2-quart slow cooker with cooking spray.
- Mix flour, granulated sugar, 2 tablespoons cocoa, the baking powder and salt
in medium bowl. Stir in milk, oil and vanilla until smooth. Stir in nuts. Spread batter evenly in slow cooker.
- Mix brown sugar and 1/4 cup cocoa in small bowl. Stir in hot water until smooth.
Pour evenly over batter in slow cooker.
- Cover and cook on high heat setting 2 hours to 2 hours 30 minutes or until toothpick
inserted in center comes out clean.
- Turn off slow cooker. Let cake stand uncovered 30 to 40 minutes to cool slightly
- Spoon warm cake into dessert dishes. Spoon sauce over top.
Prep Time 15 min | Total Time 3 hr 25 min | Yield: 6 servings
Nutrition Information - Serving Size: 1 Serving Calories 380 (Calories from
Fat 110), Total Fat 12 g (Saturated Fat2 g), Cholesterol 0mg Sodium 380 mg Total
Carbohydrate 66 g (Dietary Fiber 3 g), Protein 5 g
% Daily Value*: Vitamin A 0%; Vitamin C 0%; Calcium 16%; Iron 14%
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.
Recipe and photo used with permission from: Betty Crocker
This post may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our disclosure policy.