Pineapple Upside-Down Cake
- 1 (16 ounce) box pound cake mix
- 1/4 cup butter or margarine
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1 (15 1/2 ounce) can pineapple chunks, juice reserved
- 6 to 8 maraschino cherries, halved
- Mix cake mix according to package directions, using pineapple juice
for part of the liquid.
- Melt butter in lightly greased bake pan.
- Stir in brown sugar and spread evenly over the bottom of the pan.
- Add pineapple and cherries.
- Pour in cake batter.
- Cover bake pan.
- Place into slow cooker.
- Bake in covered slow cooker on HIGH for 2 1/2 to 3 1/2 hours.
Remove and invert immediately onto a large platter.