Poppyseed Upside-Down Cake
This cake makes its own custard-like topping.
- 1 box Lemon-Poppyseed Bread Mix
- 1 egg
- 8 ounces light sour cream
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 3/4 cup water
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- Juice from one lemon (about 1/4 cup)
- Mix the first 4 ingredients together until well moistened.
batter in a lightly greased 3 1/2-quart slow cooker.
- Combine sauce ingredients in a small saucepan; bring to a boil.
- Pour boiling mixture over the batter.
- Cover and cook on HIGH for 2 to 2 1/2 hours. Edges will be slightly browned.
- Turn heat off and leave in the pot for about 30 minutes with cover slightly ajar.
- When cool enough to handle, hold a large plate over the top of the pot then invert.
Content and photographs are copyright protected. Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Slow Cooker Cake Recipes