Poppyseed Upside-Down Cake
Poppyseed Upside-Down Cake makes its own custard-like topping.
- 1 box Lemon-Poppyseed Bread Mix
- 1 egg
- 8 ounces light sour cream
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 3/4 cup water
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- Juice from one lemon (about 1/4 cup)
- Mix the first 4 ingredients together until well moistened.
- Spread batter in a lightly greased 3 1/2-quart slow cooker.
- Combine sauce ingredients in a small saucepan; bring to a boil.
- Pour boiling mixture over the batter.
- Cover and cook on HIGH for 2 to 2 1/2 hours. Edges will be slightly browned.
- Turn heat off and leave in the pot for about 30 minutes with cover slightly ajar.
- When cool enough to handle, hold a large plate over the top of the pot then invert.
This post may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our disclosure policy.