Rhubarb Blueberry Pudding Cake
- 1 cup (250 mL) fresh or frozen rhubarb
- 2 cups (500 mL) fresh or frozen blueberries
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) butter
- 1 1/4 cups (300 mL) granulated sugar
- 3/4 cup (175 mL) all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon (5 mL) baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ( 2 mL) cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon (1 mL) ground nutmeg
- Pinch salt
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) milk
- 1 tablespoon (15 mL) cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon (5 mL) grated orange zest
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) orange juice
- Whipped cream
- Place rhubarb and blueberries in slow cooker.
- In a bowl, cream together butter and 3/4 cup (175 mL) of granulated sugar.
- In another bowl, combine flour, baking powder, cinnamon, nutmeg and salt. Add to the butter mixture alternately with milk. Spread over fruit in slow cooker.
- In small saucepan, combine cornstarch and grated orange zest. Stir in orange juice and bring to a boil; cook, stirring constantly, until slightly thickened. Remove from heat and pour over batter in slow cooker.
- Cover and cook on HIGH for 2 to 3 hours or until top is golden and fruit is bubbly.
- Serve warm with dollops of whipped cream.
This post may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our disclosure policy.