Chocolate-Butterscotch Lava Cake
Treat your family with this chocolate-butterscotch lava cake that’s made with
– a tasty slow cooked dessert.
- 1 box dark chocolate cake mix
- 1 box (4-serving size) chocolate instant pudding and pie filling mix
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1/3 cup butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 1/4 cups milk
- 3 eggs
- 1 (8 ounce) bag toffee bits
- 1 (4-serving size) box butterscotch instant pudding and pie filling mix
- 1 (8 ounce) container frozen whipped topping, thawed
- Spray 5-quart oval slow cooker with cooking spray.
- In large bowl, beat cake mix, chocolate pudding mix, sour cream, butter, vanilla extract, 1 1/4 cups of the milk and the eggs with electric mixer on medium speed 2 minutes, scraping sides of bowl as needed.
- Stir in 1 cup of the toffee bits.
- Pour batter into slow cooker.
- In 2-quart saucepan, heat remaining 2 cups milk over medium heat 3 to 5 minutes, stirring frequently, until hot and bubbly.
- Remove from heat.
- Sprinkle butterscotch pudding mix over batter in slow cooker.
- Slowly pour hot milk over pudding.
- Cover; cook on Low heat setting 4 hours 30 minutes or until edge of cake is set at least 2 inches from edge of slow cooker but center still jiggles slightly when moved.
- Turn off slow cooker. Let stand 15 minutes.
- Garnish with whipped topping and remaining toffee bits.
prep time 15 min | total time 5 hr | servings 12
Nutrition Facts Serving Size: 1 Serving Calories 534 Total Fat 23 1/2g Saturated
Fat 13 1/2g Sodium 736mg Total Carbohydrate 70 1/2g Dietary Fiber 1 1/2g Protein
% Daily Value*: Vitamin A 0% Vitamin C 0% Calcium 0% Iron 0%
Exchanges: 4 1/2 Other Carbohydrate; 3 1/2 Fat
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.
Recipe and photo used with permission from: Pillsbury
This post may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our disclosure policy.