Peanut Butter Cup Swirl Cake
This cake is gooey, rich and over-the-top delicious!
- 1 box Betty Crocker™ SuperMoist™ yellow cake mix
- 1 cup water
- 3 eggs
- 1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1/3 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup chocolate-flavored syrup
- 3 tablespoons creamy peanut butter
- 2 to 3 tablespoons milk
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 2 tablespoons chocolate-flavored syrup
- 20 miniature chocolate-covered peanut butter cup candies, unwrapped
and cut in half
- Spray a 5- to 6-quart oval slow cooker with cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, beat cake mix, water, eggs, 1/2 cup peanut butter and the butter
with electric mixer on low 30 speed seconds, then on medium speed 2 minutes, scraping
- Remove 2/3 cup of the batter to medium bowl; stir in 1/2 cup chocolate syrup
to make chocolate fudge batter.
- Spoon 1/2 of the peanut butter batter into the slow cooker, followed by all of
the chocolate fudge batter.
- Top with remaining peanut butter batter. Swirl with a knife in a circular motion.
- Cover; cook on High heat setting for 1 hour 45 minutes to 2 hours 15 minutes
or until a wooden pick inserted in center of loaf comes out clean.
- Turn off slow cooker; uncover, and remove ceramic base from cooker to cooling
rack. Let cool for 15 minutes.
- In a medium bowl, beat 3 tablespoons peanut butter and 2 tablespoons milk with
whisk until smooth.
- Add powdered sugar; mix until smooth. If necessary, gradually add additional
1 tablespoon milk until glaze is desired consistency.
- Spread peanut butter glaze over cake; drizzle with the chocolate syrup.
- Sprinkle peanut butter cups over top of cake.
Prep Time 20 min | Total Time 2 hr 50 min | Servings 12
Nutrition Information–Serving Size: 1 serving Calories 460 Calories from
Fat 180 Total Fat 20g Saturated Fat 8g Trans Fat 0g Cholesterol 60mg Sodium 450mg
Total Carbohydrate 62g
Dietary Fiber 2g Sugars 42g Protein 8g
% Daily Value*: Vitamin A 4% Vitamin C 0% Calcium 10% Iron 8%
Exchanges: 1 Starch; 0 Fruit; 3 Other Carbohydrate; 0 Skim Milk; 0 Low-Fat
Milk; 0 Milk; 0 Vegetable; 0 Very Lean Meat; 0 Lean Meat; 1/2 High-Fat Meat; 3 Fat
Carbohydrate Choice 4
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.
Recipe and photo credit: Betty Crocker