Peach Vanilla Butter
- 8 whole fresh peaches
- 2 whole vanilla beans
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- Peel peaches, remove pit and cut into chunks or slices and place in a 6-quart
or larger slow cooker.
- Cut each vanilla bean in half lengthwise and scrape out the vanilla bean seeds
with a spoon and put seeds and the pods into the slow cooker with the peaches.
- Add the sugar and stir to combine.
- Cover and cook on LOW for 4 hours.
- Remove the vanilla bean pods.
- Pour cooked peaches into the jar of a blender and cover.
- Carefully blend the peaches until smooth, being very careful as the mixture is hot.
- Pour pureed peaches back into slow cooker and cover, but prop up the lid of the slow
cooker with a wooden chopstick or other heat proof utensil to allow moisture to
- Continue cooking on LOW for 1-2 hours, stirring every now and
then to prevent peach butter from burning.
- Pour into jars or containers and refrigerate for up to 2 months, freeze for up to
6 months or process in a hot water bath for 20 minutes.
Yield: 16 servings | Prep time: 30 min | Cook time: 6 hr