- 1 bell pepper, chopped
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 medium tomatoes, chopped
- 1 cup chopped celery
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 2 tablespoons minced parsley
- 2 teaspoons chopped thyme leaves
- 2 teaspoons oregano leaves, chopped
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 4 ounces smoked sausage, chopped
- 8 ounces chicken breast, chopped
- 2 cups beef broth or bouillon
- 1/2 pound cooked shelled shrimp
- 1 cup cooked rice
- Shell shrimp, halve lengthwise.
- In slow cooker, combine all ingredients except shrimp and rice.
- Cover and cook on LOW 9 to 10 hours.
- Turn slow cooker on HIGH. Add cooked shrimp and cooked rice.
- Cover; cook on HIGH 20-30 minutes.
From the kitchen of Martin James – Copenhagen, Denmark.