- 2 large onions, sliced
- 1 large eggplant, sliced
- 4 small zucchini, sliced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 large green bell peppers, de-seeded and cut into thin strips
- 6 large tomatoes, cut into 1/2-inch wedges
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley, chopped
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese, freshly grated (optional)
- Layer half the vegetables in a large slow cooker in the following
order: onion, eggplant, zucchini, garlic, green peppers, tomatoes.
- Repeat layering process with remaining vegetables.
- Sprinkle basil,
salt, pepper and parsley over top.
- Drizzle with olive oil.
- Cover and cook on LOW for 7 to 9 hours.
- Cool and chop coarsely.
- Place in serving bowl and sprinkle with freshly grated Parmesan cheese.
- Refrigerate to store.
May freeze up to 6 weeks.