- 1 1/2 pounds lean ground beef
- 1 package enchilada sauce mix
- 2 (8 ounce) cans tomato sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup water
- 1 large onion, finely chopped
- Heavy duty foil about 15 inches long
- 8 to 10 corn tortillas
- 1 cup grated Cheddar cheese
- 1 (8 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 package spicy cheese dip mix
- Cook beef in skillet until crumbly and know longer pink.
- Drain off excess fat.
- Stir together enchilada sauce mix, tomato sauce, salt and water.
- Stir in ground beef and onion.
- Line slow cooker with foil by making a nest in the bottom.
- Spoon 2 tablespoons meat mixture on foil in bottom.
- Arrange alternate layers of tortillas and meat
sauce ending with a layer of sauce on top.
- Cover and cook on LOW for 4 to 6 hours.
- Sprinkle with cheese.
- Cook on HIGH for another 5 to 10 minutes to melt cheese.
- Picking up sides of foil liner lift tortilla pie out of pot.
- Slide onto a serving dish.
- Cut into wedges.
- Serve with sauce.
- Sauce: In a saucepan combine tomato sauce, water and cheese dip
mix. Cover and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Serve hot.
Yield: 4 to 6 servings