Eight Layer Casserole
- 1/2 pound lean ground beef
- 2 tablespoons imitation bacon bits
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 small can tomato sauce
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2/3 cup long-grain rice
- 1 can whole kernel corn, drained
- 1/2 cup chopped green bell pepper
- Crumble ground beef evenly over bottom of a 3 1/2-quart slow cooker.
- Sprinkle with bacon bits, then onion.
- In a medium bowl, combine
tomato sauce, water, chili power, salt, and black pepper; pour half
over beef and onion layers.
- Sprinkle rice evenly over top, then corn.
- Top with remaining tomato sauce mixture, then bell pepper.
- Cover and cook on LOW about 5 hours or until rice is tender.
Yield: 4 servings
Per serving: Cal 365 - Carb 47 gm - Total fat 13 gm Sat fat
5 gm - Cal from fat 117 - Chol 42 mg - Sodium 1071 mg