Hash Brown Dinner
- 1 to 1 1/2 pounds ground chuck, browned and drained
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 envelope brown gravy
- 1 (16 ounce) can cream-style corn
- 1 1/2 cups shredded Cheddar cheese
- 1 (16 ounce) package frozen hash browns, slightly thawed
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can cream of celery, mushroom or chicken soup
- 1/2 cup evaporated milk
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Place ground beef and onion in slow cooker; toss with gravy mix.
- Pour cream-style corn over ground beef mixture, then add half the cheese.
- Top with hash browns and remaining cheese.
- Mix the soup with evaporated milk, and pour evenly over the hash
- Cook on LOW for 6 to 8 hours or on HIGH for 3 1/2 to 4 hours.
If using a 5-quart or larger pot, you may use 2 pounds of ground
beef and 32 ounces of hash browns.