Herbed Chicken and Wild Rice Casserole
- 1 to 1 1/2 pounds chicken tenders
- 6 to 8 ounces sliced mushrooms
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 2 to 3 slices crumbled bacon or 2 tablespoons real bacon bits
- 1 teaspoon butter
- 1 (6 ounce) box Uncle Bens (chicken flavor) long grain wild rice
- 1 can herbed cream of chicken soup
- 1 cup water
- 1 teaspoon herb mixture, such as fine herbes or a mixture of your favorites; parsley, thyme, tarragon, etc.
- Sauté chicken pieces and mushrooms in oil and butter until chicken is lightly browned.
- Place bacon on bottom of 3 1/2-quart (or larger) slow cooker.
- Place rice over bacon.
- Reserve package of seasonings.
- Place chicken tenders over rice. Pour soup over chicken, then add water.
- Top with seasonings and sprinkle with herb mixture.
- Cover and cook on LOW for 5 1/2 to 6 1/2 hours, or until rice is tender (not mushy).
From the kitchen of Martin James – Copenhagen, Denmark.
This post may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our disclosure policy.