Hot Stuff Jambalaya
- 1 cup cooked rice
- 1/2 pound cooked shelled shrimp
- 2 cups beef broth or bouillon
- 8 ounces chicken breast, chopped
- 4 ounces smoked sausage, chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne
- 2 teaspoons oregano leaves, chopped
- 2 teaspoons chopped thyme leaves
- 2 tablespoons minced parsley
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 1 cup chopped celery
- 2 medium tomatoes, chopped
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 green bell pepper, chopped
- 2 jalapeno or serrano peppers, chopped
- Shell shrimp and then halve lengthwise.
- In slow cooker, combine all ingredients
except shrimp and rice.
- Cover and cook on LOW for 9 to 10 hours.
- Turn slow cooker to HIGH; add cooked shrimp and cooked rice.
- Cover and cook on HIGH for 20 to 30 minutes.
Yield: 6 servings