Old World Sauerkraut Dinner
- 3 strips bacon, cut into small pieces
- 2 small potatoes, cubed
- 2 small apples, cored, cubed
- 2 pounds Polish sausage, cut into pieces
- 3 teaspoons brown sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons caraway seeds
- 2 (27 ounce) cans sauerkraut
- 1/2 cup water
- Fry bacon and Polish sausage until crisp; drain.
- Add flour to drippings and blend well.
- Stir in sauerkraut; mix well.
- Place sauerkraut mixture, bacon and sausage pieces in slow cooker.
- Add all other ingredients; stir together thoroughly.
- Cover and cook on LOW for 7 to 9 hours or on HIGH for 3 to 4 hours.