Pizza in a Pot
- 1 pound bulk Italian sausage
- 1 (28 ounce) can crushed tomatoes
- 1 (15 1/2 ounce) can chili beans
- 1 (15 ounce) can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 (2 1/4 ounce) can sliced ripe olives, drained
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 small green bell pepper, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 tablespoon quick-cooking tapioca
- 1 tablespoon dried basil
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon granulated sugar
- Hot cooked pasta
- Shredded mozzarella cheese (optional)
- In a skillet over medium heat, cook sausage until no longer pink;
- Transfer to a slow cooker.
- Add the next 13 ingredients; mix well.
- Cover and cook on LOW for 8 to 9 hours or until slightly thickened.
- Discard bay leaf. Stir before serving over pasta.
- Sprinkle with mozzarella cheese if desired.
Yield: 6 to 8 servings