- 1 1/2 pounds ground beef
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, minced or
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 (8 ounce) cans tomato sauce
- 1 (14 ounce) can stewed tomatoes
- 1 teaspoon dried crushed oregano
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen chopped spinach, thawed
- 1 (16 ounce) package bow-tie pasta, cooked and drained
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 1/2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- In a large skillet over medium-high heat, brown ground beef, onion
- Cook until onion becomes clear and soft, approximately
- Drain excess fat. Transfer meat mixture to slow cooker.
- Add the tomatoes,
tomato sauce, oregano, Italian seasoning, and salt and pepper, stirring
to break up stewed tomatoes.
- Cover and cook on LOW for 7 to 8 hours
or on HIGH for 3 1/2 to 4 hours. During the last 30 minutes of cooking,
turn on HIGH if on LOW.
- Stir in the cooked pasta, spinach and cheese.
- Serve immediately when mozzarella cheese is melted.
Yield: 6 servings